Saturday, December 27, 2008

57th Ward Dinner at the Barn

Darin has had a great time serving as a counselor in the bishopric of a BYU singles ward. (Yeah, after only being married for seven months we were back in a singles ward!) We've really enjoyed getting to know the members of the ward and have learned a lot from their dedicated service to each other and others in the community. Time and time again, they surprise us with incredible attendence to FHE and ward activities. Recently the ward put on a formal dinner at a Barn in Mapleton. Despite the tricky location of the barn and the first big snowstorm, we managed to have such a turn-out that we didn't have enough tables and chairs to seat everyone. One of the highlights of the evening was when a set of chimes was dispersed and everyone tried to play Christmas songs by watching for their note to play which was written on a poster board in front of the group. We laughed so hard...watch the video!


Mandy Valora (a family friend who lived across the street from me when I lived in Orem--she's the second girl from the right) just happened to be in the singles ward where we've been called. I've had a lot of fun hanging out with her and her roommates!


5 comments:

  1. I loved the video. I'm glad the singles ward is good times. We miss seeing you around, but grad school and juggling two wards makes it tough! I'll add you to my Google Reader and look forward to seeing more blog posts in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We sure miss you in our ward, but glad you're liking your time with the singles. I'm sure they love having you. I do have a blog, but I haven't updated it too recently. You're welcome to take a look. It's TheEuniceBurns.blogspot.com
    Thanks for letting me know about your blog. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must be fun being back in a singles ward again. Nothing too different: same church and same age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey look at you, you have video on your blog and everything. You are way ahead of me. I miss seeing you around. Give me a call sometime, I loved to chat with ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun, back to the singles ward! Love your new blog!

    ReplyDelete